Call to St. Andrew’s College Park, MD St. Andrew’s, a welcoming and inclusive Episcopal Church in College Park, Maryland is seeking a full-time rector for our approximately 350 parishioners.
We follow traditional BCP and other Episcopal liturgies, have strong music and outreach programs, a small Sunday School and a growing Youth Group.
We’re looking for a thought-provoking and inspiring preacher, a respectful and inclusive leader and teacher, a caring spiritual director, a good listener and communicator.
St. Andrew’s is located adjacent to the University of Maryland and we support the students in cooperation with The Humble Walk Lutheran college program and the Diocese of Washington. We are working to encourage and grow the number younger members in the congregation while offering meaningful worship, Christian education, and pastoral care to all ages.
We offer a competitive salary with pension and insurance benefits, continuing education support, a sabbatical, and a housing allowance in lieu of church-provided housing.
- Weekly average Sunday attendance is 84.
- We hold two services each Sunday and three services during the week..
- We have a small Sunday School:12 students and 5 teachers.
- We have a small Youth Group: 15 members with 4 adult leaders.
- St. Andrew’s does not have a Church-run day school, however, we house both a secular preschool and an after-school program. We are proud of these ties to the local community.
We are seeking a thought-provoking and inspiring preacher; a respectful and inclusive leader and teacher; a caring soul who will laugh and cry with us, and lead us spiritually; a good listener and strong, effective communicator.
Contact and Application Information
Send Resume, Cover Letter, and OTM Ministry Portfolio to
Application Contact Name: Jennifer Thorson
Application Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPENSATION HOUSING & BENEFITS
- Total Compensation Available for New Position: $103,344, negotiable
- We do not provide housing, but will designate a portion of the compensation as housing allowance.
- We are in compliance with CPF pension requirements. Health insurance options are negotiable.
- We provide one month of annual vacation (5 Sundays).
- We provide 2 weeks continuing education and up to $1000 annually.
- We will provide a sabbatical (terms to be negotiated).
- We cover professional expenses up to $1,000 annually.